Every 2 days we create as much information as from the dawn of time to 2003.
How findable is your content? Where does content come from? It’s not just marketing. There are audiences for content from HR, finance, IT, etc.
Content generation is one of the most effective SEO tactics, but also one of the most difficult.
If you already have content, set it free!
There are all types of content that can be optimized, from PDF files to news to corporate info to video and office docs. Embed links in all of your externally available files and documents.
- research customer segments
- keywords, topics, messages
- content & promo plan
- optimize, socialize and promote
customer segments & personas
- what are your customers’ content preferences?
- how do they discover, consume & share content?
Helps you align the things your customer cares about with what you have to offer.
how you create searcher personas
data sources for personas
Build customer profiles
Personas guide content & SEO
Create an editorial calendar for content that is created on a regular basis.
Use a hub & spoke model for content publishing. Create a central source for your content and send it out to other distribution channels to promote the content. Use hub & spoke for social, communities, and verticals.
Knowem.com helps you make sure to claim your name on all channels.
phases of content SEO
- audit existing content and focus on refining current content and digital asset optimization
- optimize priority content and add new content according to marketing and pr purposes following SEO best practices
- develop new site content and editorial plan for adding content according to policies
- engage with your community and ideas will come out of that dialog
- ask for topics!
- look at popular questions on quora, yahoo answers, and LinkedIn QA
- mine web analytical data: referring search keywords, questions that drive traffic
- look at your internal search engine: logged queries.
- find out what front line staff (sales, customer service) are being asked most often
Sign up for helpareporterout.com to become an sme and find content opportunities.
- SES Chicago 2011 Wrap-Up – Best #SESCHI Ever (toprankblog.com)
- Lee Odden, CEO of TopRank Online Marketing, Praises “YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day” by Greg Jarboe (prweb.com)