A Quick History of Client-Side Templating
In 2010, Boris Moore worked on a fork of John Resig‘s protoype, but in April 2011, jQuery Templates were put on hold.
Create the template inside of script tags and then inject it via the DOM wherever you want on the page.
JsRender and JsViews
by Boris Moore, carried ideas of jQuery Templates forward with the goal of separating into two components.
- JsRender – small fast pure string-based rendering with no DOM dependency
- JsViews – takes DOM content rendered by JsRender and activates it to provide equivalent DOM integration features to jQuery Templates and data linking
- not done, not quite in beta yet
- at the moment, there are only demos, no tutorials or instructions, just a roadmap
You can take a look at a jQuery template-based library comparison.
jQuery Templates Cheat Sheet
- New course: jQuery Template Fundamentals (pluralsight.com)
- 24 Best jQuery Media Plugins to Use in 2012templates.com jQuery… (cssmania.com)