Presented by Justin Noel
Everyone wants to create an app. There are lots of platforms and cross-platform development costs a lot of money.
The Downsides of Native
- Proficiency in each platform required
- Extensive Development Setup required
- HTML5 that acts like native
- Web wrapped in native layer
- Direct access to native APIs
- Familiar web dev environment
Hybrid Apps have a Bad reputation, but they can be beautiful.
ionic creator is a WYSIWYG for creating hybrid apps.
There is a lot of setup to develop apps – lots of SDKs and programs to install. ionic has a virtual machine called ionic box with all of the necessary requirements to get started developing.
I need a backend too???
- security – XSS, CSRF, Shellshock!
- servers – AWS, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, Modulus
- Stacks – LAMP, WAMP, MEAN
Firebase is a real time back end for mobile apps
- Serverless backend
- Real-time apps
- Store and Sync Data instantly
- Cross-platform – Mobile & Desktop
- Social logins
- Integrations like Zapier for email, analytics, etc.