Sundeep Kapur, Digital Evangelist, NCR Corp.
Lynne Kurdziel, Founder & CEO, Luminate Marketing
Angie Schottmuller, Founder, Interactive Artisan
how mobile is changing content and what it means to business
Top 5 impacts of mobile on business and non-profits
- immediacy – we can provide timely content that would be less useful if you had to wait
- shareability – you can share anything with anyone at any time
- media mobility
- divergent platforms – challenge of variability in what users have available
You can use mobile to streamline business processes and and create quick marketing media. User generated content and a streamlined data collection process creates freshness for SEO. What does conversion look like for ministries and non-profits? Donations, support, partnerships.
Non-profits are using apps to be able to share their mission and receive donations anywhere.
mobile barcode marketing
What are the right ways to use mobile bar codes?
What can you store in a QR code?
- text, URL, email, mms/SMS text message, phone number, contact record, calendar entry, grolocation/map
Phone can decode type of info and use the data appropriately. Mobile barcode scanning in the US is on the rise.
why use mobile barcodes?
- people love their ones, they’re free and easy to use, QR codes are scalable to nearly any surface, clever Artistic opportunities, mobility presents opportunities everywhere, you can gather tangible metrics where you never could before, bridge the non-digital and digital gap to uniquely enhance the user experience
cool QR code campaigns
- zoo records “hidden sound” – http://bit.ly/hiddensound. More than half of the albums sold out in the first week.
- GNC “deal of the day” – 65% conversion rate
- taco bell big box remixed – upsell opportunity. Lifted sales by 5%
- allure’s sample giveaway – Microsoft tag contest. Over 25,000 leads from 444,000 scans
- my toys Lego codes – http://bit.ly/mytoyslegocodes
- feedback survey in receipts
- in-house Facebook “like” promo – give an incentive
- product signage and price tags for more info, reviews or video demos
- Facebook “like” on products – can like a product page on your website and still interact through facebook http://bit.ly/ilikediesel
- yelp reviews
- four square checkin promo – link to specific venue location
- interactive map & directions
- RSVP & lead generation on direct mail so they don’t even have to open
steps to create a successful QR code campaign
- Have a business goal
- Identify unique conversion opportunities
- Identify the value provided for the user
- Define your campaign – tell them why they should scan (minimum of 1″ x 1″)
- Select tools
- test and generate your codes
- implement and track
2d barcode readers
QR code generators / management platforms
golden rules of mobile barcode use
- serve a business objective
- create a value-added user experience
- provide contextual assistance by the code
- test and ensure that codes are scannable
- Mobile, Local, Barcodes, and Bathroom Stalls (searchenginewatch.com)
- Musing About QR Codes (ariherzog.com)
- QR Codes and the New Journalism (sixestate.com)