Harnessing the Power of Intent Data and Predictive Analytics
Michael Mire, SweetIQ
Local search is the ultimate indicator of intent.
- We’re doing it all the time. (4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information.)
- We’re doing it more and more. (Google search interest in “near me” has increased 34x since 2011.)
We’re on our way to online to offline (O2O) direct attribution.
- geo targeting / geo fencing
- redemption / purchase in a store
Today, there are lots of moving parts, which makes it look a lot like Swiss Cheese.
- estimote (beacons)
- RetailNext (wifi analytics)
You’re only able to track <3% of the market today, so it’s difficult to create a reliable model.
Build an O2O attribution funnel / model.
- Impressions – number of times your stores appeared in local search