The Relentless Pursuit of the Right Answer: Why Achieving Relevance at Scale is Worth Your Time
Scott Ensign, DAC Group
Erin Heffernan, Optimedia US
What does relevance mean in Search?
Inherent in every search is a question. Context is extremely important.
- Give the right answer every time
- Leverage more than just the keyword
- Get highly targeted in your ad copy
- Keep to the leading edge of user expectations
- Mobile can be the primary driver for some campaigns
- Search engines know a lot about the user. How do you leverage that data?
- Not settling for “best available” destination
Building Scaled Search Programs
- Think of the user (the user doesn’t care about your org chart)
- Think of the client
- Leverage business/third-party data
- Campaigns are the new ad groups
- Leverage technology
Tools to Manage at Scale
- Proprietary tools
- SEM tools